The global childhood absence epilepsy treatment market, By Drug (Ethosuximide, Valproate, Lamotrigine, and Phase 2 Drugs (Cannabidiol Oral Solution and CX-8998)), By Disease Type (Typical Absence Seizures and Atypical Absence Seizures), and By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and Africa), was valued at US$ 158.2 million in 2017, and is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 5.4% over the forecast period (2018 – 2026), as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights. Revised regulatory guidelines supporting the use of existing drugs, presence of potential drugs in the pipeline, and absence of robust therapies (alternative treatments) for childhood absence epilepsy is expected to boost growth of the global childhood absence epilepsy treatment market.
Get Exclusive Sample Copy @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-sample/2329
According to various studies published by the National Center for Biotechnology Information and recent recommendation by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), 2018, Ethosuximide should be considered as a first choice of treatment, followed by Valproate and Lamotrigine. Moreover, various manufacturers such as Insys Therapeutics (Cannabidiol) and Cavion, Inc. (CX-8998) have drugs in phase II stage in clinical trials and these therapies are expected to be launched over the forecast period. Availability of generic versions of drugs are expected to increase accessibility and affordability of the treatment. Ethosuximide is taken orally and generic versions of Ethosuximide are available in the market. Other manufacturers such as Akorn, Inc., Bionpharma, Inc., and Teva Pharmaceuticals USA manufacture Ethosuximide in various dosage forms such as capsule and syrup. These factors are expected to drive the global childhood absence epilepsy treatment market growth over the forecast period.
Browse 26 Market Data Tables and 37 Figures spread through 144 Pages and in-depth TOC on Global Childhood Absence Epilepsy Treatment Market, By Drug (Ethosuximide, Valproate, Lamotrigine, and Phase 2 Drugs (Cannabidiol Oral Solution and CX-8998)), By Disease Type (Typical Absence Seizures and Atypical Absence Seizures), and By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and Africa) – Global Forecast to 2026
Manufacturers are indulged in launching generic versions of drugs in developed as well as emerging economies. For instance, Greenstone, LLC, a generic pharmaceutical company and a wholly owned subsidiary of Pfizer Inc., launched authorized generic (Pfizer’s own generic version) of Zarontin capsules and oral solution in 2015. Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories launched generic lamotrigine orally disintegrating tablets in the U.S. in 2016. Moreover, Handa Pharmaceuticals, Inc. announced that TruPharma, LLC started to market and distribute Handa’s FDA-approved Abbreviated New Drug Application for Lamotrigine Extended Release Tablets in the U.S. in 2017. Mylan Laboratories as well as Wockhardt launched generic versions of Lamictal in 2014 and 2013, respectively.
Request For Customization @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-customization/2329
Key Takeaways of the Global Childhood Absence Epilepsy Treatment Market:
- The global childhood absence epilepsy treatment market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 4% over the forecast period, owing to increasing research and development activities by key players in childhood absence epilepsy treatment market
- As pipeline drugs are still in phase 2 of clinical trials, they are expected to be launched in the market in the year 2021 (following the standard clinical trials timeline and time required for completion of the same)
- North America is expected to witness highest growth in the childhood absence epilepsy treatment market over the forecast period, owing to new product launches
- Though the prevalence of epilepsy is high in emerging economies such as Asia Pacific and Africa (higher than developed economies), the diagnosis rate and availability of treatment is low in these economies. According to the World Health Organization, 2018, around 3/4th (75%) of the population suffering from epilepsy living in low- and middle- income countries do not have access to the treatment.
- Major players operating in the global childhood absence epilepsy treatment market include Cavion, Inc., Pfizer, Inc., GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Insys Therapeutics, Inc., AbbVie, Inc., and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
About Coherent Market Insights:
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.
Coherent Market Insights
1001 4th Ave,
Seattle, WA 98154
Email: [email protected]