It is quite easy to get lost between the different types of face moisturizers, the different skin types (oily skin, combination skin, dry skin, light skin and dark skin) as well as the different types of ingredients.
How to choose the most suitable moisturizer for your face?
Face moisturizer – Top 3 current promotions
How to choose the best moisturizer for the face?
Choosing the right moisturizer for the face is essential, regardless of skin type. This is why you must first know your skin type, in order to know which ingredients to favor.
- A person with dry skin will want to use a fairly thick cream or ointment, in order to retain the hydration of their face. Certain ingredients like hyaluronic acid, glycerin, proteins and dimethicone also promote hydration of the skin.
- People with oily and / or acne skin will prefer creams and lotions that are lighter (with water as the main ingredient) and non-comedogenic (which do not clog the pores).
- People with sensitive skin should prefer hypoallergenic, fragrance-free moisturizers with as few “chemical” ingredients as possible or with natural ingredients.
Other ingredients like vitamins and antioxidants are also to be favored since they stimulate the production of collagen which helps to maintain the elasticity of the skin and promotes the repair of skin cells.
Creams with an SPF 15 sun index are also recommended because they protect against the sun and prevent skin cancer.
Dermatologists say that it is better to apply a light enough cream for the day and hydrate yourself with a night cream that is a little “heavier”.
Tips for selecting the right facial moisturizer for you
To select the cream you need:
- don’t be fooled by the price. Be careful, it is not because a cream is expensive that it is necessarily effective for ITS skin type. Granted, most effective moisturizers and creams can be quite expensive, but it’s best to focus on the composition rather than the price.
- We must prioritize the ingredients rather than the price. Take a good look at the composition of the cream in question and be careful that it does not contain perfume or oils if you have dry skin or that it is non-comedogenic if you have oily skin.
- You will have to choose your cream according to the weather. It is better to lighten your routine in summer because the heat and perspiration promote skin problems. It is better to prefer creams more “light” during the hot seasons. When it is colder, in winter for example, it is important to have a good moisturizing routine with slightly richer creams, in order to protect your skin properly and prevent skin dryness.
Best Face Moisturizer – Top 10 Sales of the Year
The benefits of moisturizer for the face
It is important to use a daily facial moisturizer to prevent the skin from losing elasticity. Water (also found in moisturizers) is an essential part of keeping skin well hydrated.
A moisturizer helps maintain soft, healthy and supple skin by preventing water from evaporating. It also prevents acne, dry and oily skin, as well as itching and irritation. In addition, it is known that moisturizer is a base and improves makeup (especially the complexion).