Quick Access to Content – Summary
As tea consumers you should not neglect your choice of kettle purchase, as you will be using it on a daily basis. There are many models with different options, it can be difficult to choose. To guide you here are some tips for choosing an electric kettle.
The 2 main kettle families
Kettles are a big family, but it can be divided into two categories that of electric kettles and that of classic, traditional kettles. By making this distinction, you will already find a kettle that will suit you, then you will have to look in more detail to have the perfect kettle.
The electric kettle
The electric kettle will need to be plugged in, but it has the advantage of turning off by itself. The water heats up quickly thanks to the electric resistance. You can choose between a connected or wireless model.
The classic kettle
The classic kettle she puts on the hobs, it is important to watch to avoid any accident. Once you hear a hissing sound, it means your water is boiling.
What are the elements to look for to choose?
Now that you know the different types of kettle available, you need to look at some more specific criteria, to have a kettle suitable for your needs.
The capacity varies from 0.4 l to 2 l, the larger it will be, the more imposing and heavy it will be. Smaller models have their advantages, they are light, but if there are many of you, it will take several tours and they are generally less powerful.
You will have the choice between plastic, stainless steel or glass, each of them has their advantages.
- Plastic is cheap as well as very strong, some plastics can be harmful
- Stainless steel has a modern design, retains heat well, it is a healthy and solid material
- Glass, very chic, however it is more fragile.
The adjustment level
Ideally, you should be able to choose the temperature to be reached, the power is between 1800 and 2200 watts, your kettle must keep warm, and there is an anti-scale filter. For more convenience, choose a kettle with measurement, an automatic shut-off function, so that the heat is not felt outside.
An easy-to-clean kettle can go in the dishwasher, but knowing that there is only water you have to be able to rinse it easily. The main thing to look at is the conservation against limestone.
What are the best kettle brands?
There are many brands of small household appliances, each with its own qualities. You will find Moulinex, Thomson, Kenwood, Brandt, Cuisinart, but here are the best brands for kettles.
- Simeo, a brand that offers practical and functional small appliances. It offers stainless steel and ceramic kettles for classic models.
- Domoclip, it is a brand that offers quality products with excellent value for money.
- Morphy Richard, a brand that innovates and offers ever more thoughtful products. Their kettles are quiet and modern.
- Kitchenaid, flagship among professionals, it has become a real benchmark for the quality of its products.
- Riviera And Bar, the brand offers high-quality, technological kettles.
- Smeg, an Italian brand whose point of honor is to offer designer, colorful products that can be integrated into any kitchen.
- Tefal ensures safety with its double insulating walls
- De’Longhi will allow you to select the ideal temperature