Switching from classic cigarette consumption to electronic cigarette consumption is not necessarily easy. The e-liquid must be well chosen, because it is he who will convince you to change the product. If the dose of nicotine is not enough for you or if the taste does not please you, it will be difficult for you to be convinced, so you need to have the right tips to make the right choice.
Which flavors to choose?
The advantage of e-liquids is the possibility of varying the tastes, there are 5 categories of different flavors.
- The tobacco flavor is ideal to start with, to test an electronic cigarette when you are already a smoker. You may not be able to find the taste you know in the brand of cigarettes that you usually consume, but you may be able to find a flavor that satisfies you and does not disgust you.
- Gourmet flavors, for pastry, cake and candy enthusiasts, this type of e-liquid will please you. It is ideal to have a pleasure from time to time, but not for a regular consumption, except for the true greedy ones.
- Fruity flavors are tastes highly appreciated for their freshness, smell and mouthfeel. In addition to being pleasant for you, they are pleasant for those around you. In this category the range is often rich and varied, because all the fruits can be represented.
- The minty flavor, for a touch of daily freshness, prefer icy mint. For consumers of menthol, it is this flavor that will come closest to these cigarettes.
- The drink flavors, very original, are appreciated by consumers who are fans of new experiences. Drinks such as Cola, coffee but also more festive like mojito are offered.
How to choose the right dosage of nicotine?
The level of nicotine is important for daily smokers, it is an element which will influence the appreciability of the smoker. With a high nicotine level you will have a strong feeling in the throat and will not bother daily smokers, for beginners it is better to choose a low level.
It is therefore an element that must be chosen with care, it will depend on your needs, but also on your level of sensitivity. This need will certainly change, as it greatly depends on your nicotine expenditure, which may increase or decrease over time.
To find the ideal rate, you must base yourself on your usual consumption, with this information choose the e liquid that will suit you.
- 3 to 6 mg, this level of nicotine corresponds to approximately 5 cigarettes per day, which is the consumption of an occasional smoker
- 6 to 12 mg, is equivalent to smoking between 5 and 10 cigarettes per day, we speak then of moderate smoker
- 12 to 16 mg, corresponds to smoking between 10 and 20 cigarettes per day, which is the consumption of a regular smoker
- 16 to 20 mg is when the smoker is a heavy consumer and smokes more than 20 cigarettes per day
It is best to take several e-liquids with different rates, to see which one is best for you. If for example you want to reduce, compared to your usual consumption, choose a lower rate in addition to the rate corresponding to what you usually smoke.
What are the components of an e-liquid?
In e-cigarette e-liquids you find regular components, which are:
- Propylene glycol (PG), an element which is used in several fields, such as food but also cosmetics. It is used primarily to enhance the taste and flavors present. But it is also the element which acts as a hit and allows to recreate the sensation of inhaling smoke in the throat.
- Vegetable glycerin (VG), you can find this ingredient in the composition of other elements, such as toothpastes, syrups or non-consumables such as soaps. Vegetable glycerin is used for the formation of vapor in liquid.
- Nicotine, you can find classic or in the form of nicotine salt. The dosage will depend on your usual consumption. This is the element that will come closest to a classic cigarette.
- The aromas give flavor to e-liquids, you will find them in artificial or natural forms. For the most part they are mixed with propylene glycol.