Got a stomach that keeps rumbling and don’t know how to stop them? These apparently normal belly noises can be quite annoying for you when they are more frequent and noisy.
Gurgling sounds are usually related to the activity of your digestive system. However, they can be favored or amplified by several other factors. The good news is that there are natural tips and remedies to silence them effectively.
What are the causes of a rumbling belly?
The main explanation for your belly rumbling can be found in the activity of your bowel movements. Technically called intestinal peristalsis, it encompasses all the processes involving the secretion of digestive juices, digestion and the transport of food through the intestines until they are expelled. These are the movements associated with this process normally cause the belly noises heard.
However, there are many other factors that can promote these gurgling sounds. In particular, the excessive presence of gas in the stomach and intestines, a food allergy, stress, or even an irregular or unbalanced diet.
Finally, gurgling sounds can be amplified by digestive problems such as intestinal obstruction due to constipation for example. But also ailments such as an attack of diarrhea. An infection by Candida disrupting your intestinal flora. Or irritable bowel syndrome.
How do I stop my stomach from making noise?
Depending on the cause of the gurgling sounds, there are things you can do to reduce or stop them.You can, for example:
- Limit your consumption of carbonated drinks to avoid excess gas in transit.
- Eat a balanced diet rich in fiber
- Take care to eat slowly and chew food well to aid digestion
- Limit your exposure to stress
- Monitor your body’s reaction to the foods you eat …
If you suspect the noises are due to a digestive problem, it may be a good idea to consider getting a checkup to find out.
What natural remedies for stomach rumblings?
There are quite a few effective natural tips against stomach rumbling. You can choose to adopt remedies such as:
- Activated charcoal which is known to be effective against stomach bloating. In the form of a capsule or a food supplement, its action is almost instantaneous.
- Probiotics that will help restore the balance of your intestinal flora and reduce gurgling sounds. You’ll find it in abundance in dairy products like yogurt and kefir.
- Ginger because of its many virtues for the digestive system.
Are there any gurgling sounds that should be of concern?
Gurgling sounds are generally a mild phenomenon that there is nothing to worry about, apart from the fact that they can be annoying. However, as we have noted, it is not excluded that they are accentuated by an underlying digestive problem, such as irritable bowel syndrome for example.
In these cases, the noises will be more frequent, noisy, even accompanied by symptoms such as bloating, nausea and intense cramps… Enough to justify a consultation with your doctor.