To change the wifi password of your Bouygues box, you need to know your current security key in order to access the wifi setting parameters.
The procedure is somewhat different depending on whether you are using the old network administration interface or the new one. In any case, it remains simple and we explain the procedure to you in detail.
Try to find your Bouygues wifi password
In order to change your Bouygues wifi password, you must have your current security key. It is possible that this is the default WPA key for your device, if you have not changed it.
All SFR modems have one and it is the one you use when you first connect to the SFR network. If you have forgotten it, know that it is most often indicated on a label stuck above or on the back of your SFR box case.
You just have to write it down and use it to connect your devices to the box and customize it.
How to change your Bouygues wifi password?
The procedure for changing the Bouygues wifi password is somewhat different depending on whether you have the old network administration interface or the old one. Find out how to proceed in each case.
Change your Bouygues wifi password with the new administration interface
- You must first be connected to your box network by wifi link or Ethernet cable.
- Then access the network management interface by entering the address https://mabbox.bytel.fr or 192.168.1.254
- Connect to the interface by entering your default wifi key and click on connection
- Select the Wifi tab, then Wifi Network and click on the arrow on the right.
- Once the Wifi configuration window is open, select the WPA / WPA2 option for wifi security and the AES encryption mode.
- You can now change the security key password by entering your new password.
- Finally, click on Apply to confirm the change of your Bouygues wifi password.
Change your Bouygues wifi password with the old administration interface
- Connect to your box network by wifi or Ethernet cable
- Access the administration interface on your browser via the address https://mabbox.bytel.fr or 192.168.1.254
- Enter the default password for your box and click on connection
- Select the Advanced Configuration section, then Wi-Fi Configuration and fill in the fields by entering “ admin ” in the two boxes
- In the Security tab, you can finally enter your new WPA password / key or click Generate key to obtain a random password.