Do you want to end social media once and for all? And you are wondering how to make it happen? It is true that permanently deleting your Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or other account may not be easy, especially when you know that the creators of these social networks make the business difficult by often keeping some of your personal information or by searching at all costs to keep you.
Here are some easy ways to permanently delete your social media accounts.
Delete your Facebook account
Do you want to end your Facebook account? First know that by deleting your Facebook account, all your data will be permanently erased (profile, photos, videos, publications…) as well as the elements that you have added but also that you will never have access to your account again.
Here are the steps to delete your Facebook account:
- Log in to your Facebook account and on the page, click on the little black arrow to the right of the blue menu
- Go to the drop-down menu, select “Settings” and click on “Your Facebook information” on the left column
- In the central part, click on “Delete your account and your information”
- A new page will be displayed with three options, one of which offers you the “Permanent deletion of your account”. Then click on the button “Delete account”
- Then enter your password and click on “Continue” then on “Delete account”.
And you are finally there. But it should be remembered that the removal is not immediate. It will be possible to retract you within the following 30 days, failing which your account and all your personal information will be permanently deleted.
Delete your Twitter account
With Twitter, it is important to know that deleting the account is not automatic or immediate. Indeed, the site imposes a deactivation period of 30 days during which it is possible for you to change your mind. You should also know that this operation must be performed from the web version of Twitter and not on your application with a smartphone. Here are the different steps:
- Log in to your Twitter account, click on your profile icon to access Settings.
- In the main window ”Account” scroll down the page until you see the link ”Deactivate account” and click on it
- A new page will then be displayed with a message detailing the procedure. It is stated above that the account will first be deactivated for 30 days and the simple fact of reconnecting you during this period with your credentials will be enough to put the account back in operation. After this period without attempting to reconnect, the account will be permanently deleted.
In addition, you can request the removal of your personal information if you do not want your tweets to remain visible on search engines.
Delete your Pinterest account
To delete your Pinterest account permanently, here are the steps to follow:
- Log in to Pinterest with your Twitter, Facebook or email address
- Once the home page opens, click on your username at the top right then click on “Account settings”
- Then click on the ”Deactivate my account” button. A confirmation message will then be displayed and you will be able to select the option “Permanently close my account” (you do not have to choose a reason for leaving)
- An email will then be sent to you to confirm the final termination of your account. Click on the option “yes send me the confirmation email”.
- A second email will be sent to you and you will have to click on a link which will allow you to permanently close your account. You just have to click on “yes close the account”.
Your account is now permanently deactivated and your profile will no longer be accessible.
Delete your WhatsApp account
Deleting your WhatsApp account is possible from the mobile application.
- Open the WhatsApp application on mobile and scroll to the top right of the screen in the ”Settings”
- Press “More options” then “Settings”
- Click on ”Account” then on ”Delete my account”
- Enter your phone number in full international format and press ”Delete my account”
- Select the reason for the deletion and click on Delete my account ”. It will take 90 days for your WhatsApp information to be completely deleted.
As the operation is irreversible, it will no longer be possible to recover your conversation history after deleting the account. It is therefore advisable to make a backup before starting the termination procedure.
Delete your Instagram account
For Instagram, deletion is done on the website and not on the app. Here are the different steps of the procedure to follow:
- Open the page dedicated to deleting an account on Instagram
- Enter your username and password
- Select the reason for your departure
- Finally click on the red button.
Once done, your Instagram account will be permanently deleted. Also note that it is recommended to first back up the network photos that you want to keep before deleting your account because once deleted, it will no longer be possible to recover them.