A license plate relocation is a kit that allows the license plate of any vehicle to be moved from one location to another for various reasons. It’s like a new frame that you can add to your upgrade without ruining your stylish ride.
License plates are intended to establish ownership of any vehicle, and they must be fitted to any motorcycle intended for use on roads and public thoroughfares.
To make this possible, motorcycle manufacturers place a license plate frame along the frame or bodywork, where law enforcement can clearly see the license plate.
Whether you do it out of necessity or out of style, you can mount your license plate anywhere on the body of your motorcycle using a license plate relocator, as long as the forces of the order can see it clearly.
In cases where a bumper, for example, blocks the original location of the license plate, you can use license plate relocation kits to position your motorcycle license plate at another location on the motorbike.
On the other hand, there are times when you want to place your motorcycle license plate in a less common place, such as under the grilles. Again, a motorcycle license plate repositioner will come in handy for your project.
Types of license plate holder
You can usually buy a license plate holder in one of the following two materials:
- Stainless steel : A license plate holder made from stainless steel is ideal for riders who venture on extreme roads and off-road riders because it is durable. It can resist debris and flying stones on rough terrain.
- Chrome: A chrome license plate holder is very visible but ideal for city use. It is available in different colors to suit the new modification of your vehicle.
Tools needed to install the license plate receptacle
You will only need a few tools to install your license plate repositioner. Here’s what you should have on hand:
There are a few other tools you may have as an option to make your job easier. These include the following tools:
- An electric drill
- Socket wrench
- 1/8 inch bit
These items are usually not necessary, but they can make the installation process much easier and smoother.
Installing your license plate relocator is simple and easy. Just follow the following steps:
- Remove the screws that hold the license plate using a screwdriver. Set the plate and screws aside.
- Remove the retaining screws or rivets from the license plate bracket installed by the manufacturer using a screwdriver. You can also remove the rivets using a 1/8 inch power drill. You can now remove the license plate holder.
- Now you need to line up the holes in the license plate repositioner with the mounting holes in the motorcycle license plate holder. Secure the repositioner using the bolts and nuts provided, and tighten them with an adjustable wrench.
- Now place the license plate on the relocator, lining it up with the mounting holes, and use a screwdriver to tighten it using the original retaining screws.