Many life events such as a marriage, a birth, a death or even a PACS, must be entered in a civil status register. Everything is therefore listed and it is possible to request a full certificate or a birth certificate at any time, which you may be asked for for administrative procedures. If you were born in Bordeaux, just follow a few steps to get your birth certificate easily.
Apply for a birth certificate or certificate online
Previously, you had to take the time to go to the town hall to request a birth certificate, today it is possible to make a request directly online. To do this, just follow a few steps, which are:
- Go to a specialized site for a request for a birth certificate extract in Bordeaux or go to the site of the city of Bordeaux
- All you have to do is fill in the various fields requested such as date of birth, surname and first name of the person concerned.
- The status of the applicant will be requested, if it is a personal request, for a relative such as a father or mother or any other person
- You will be asked for the reason for the request
- Select the desired number of copies
Finally, all you have to do is enter your details to receive the deed and verify all the information before validation. All your information will be verified by an administrative agent and the act will then be sent to the address provided.
Apply for a birth certificate directly at the counter
For people who are not comfortable with IT tools, it is possible to make a request directly to the Bordeaux town hall, located at Place Pey Berland. You can go to the civil status service from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., there is no need to make an appointment for this request.
In order to make these documents quickly, it is important to have the necessary documents, these may vary depending on the person concerned by the act.
- If you are the person concerned by the act, you just need to bring your valid identity card
- If it is the birth certificate of another person, then the person’s identity card will be required, as well as proof of parentage, for example you can take your family record book. In addition, you will need to know the birth information of this person, in order to obtain the certificate.
Request a birth certificate by post
You have one last solution, to request a birth certificate, you can do it by post. To do this, all you need to do is send a letter to the civil status department of Bordeaux town hall.
To this letter you must attach a letter indicating the reasons for the request, as well as all the information concerning the birth of the person concerned. To this, you must attach a copy of the identity document, proof of parentage such as the family record book and finally a stamped envelope for the return of your documents.