Quick Access to Content – Summary
Understanding the best poker hands and their rankings is one of the keys to winning poker. Just to be precise, a poker hand has the 5 best cards you have. Here are the best poker hands you absolutely need to know to secure yourself a win.
The best hands that can give you victory
As you can see if you play at barriere poker, a legal online poker site, there are the best hands that will ensure you win. These hands are valid online but also for a game of classic poker. Knowing that you will be able to make the best possible combinations and try to win the game.
- Royal Flush (Royal Flush) : This is the strongest hand in poker. It consists of the ten, the jack, the queen, the king and the ace of one and the same suit.
- Straight Flush : This is the second best hand in poker and when two players have it, the one with the highest card wins. Straight Flush consists of 5 consecutive cards of the same suit.
- Square (Quads / four of a king) : It is made up of 4 cards of the same rank (4 Kings for example). When two players have a square, the one with the higher square wins. If they both have the same square then the value of the 5th card will decide between them.
- Full : It is the alliance of a pair and a Three of a kind. When two players have it, the three of a kind are compared and the one with the highest wins. When the sets are of equal value then the height of the pair will decide between them.
- Color (Flush) : It is made up of 5 cards of the same suit / family. When two players have a flush, whoever holds the higher card wins.
- Straight (straight / straight / straight) : A straight is made up of 5 consecutive cards. When two players have a straight, whoever has the higher card wins.
- Three of a kind (set / trips / Three of a kind) : It is made up of 3 cards of similar rank. When two players have it, they are separated by the value of the 4th, or even the 5th card.
Other possible combinations in poker
But that’s not all, if you don’t have the opportunity to make one of the previous hands, which give you more security, you can bet on one of the following ones. Smaller, they often allow you to keep your head above water. But if there’s nothing you can do, it’s always best to go to bed.
- Two pair : When two players have a double pair, the rank of the higher pair determines the winner. If they have the same high pair, then we compare the low pair and if it stays the same, the value of the 5th card will determine the winner.
- One pair : It is made up of two cards of the same rank and accompanied by three other cards (kickers). When two players have the same pair, the kickers are compared.
- High card : When two players face off and their pairs are the same, then the one with the higher card wins.